Tuesday, May 19, 2015

A pretty "Congratulations" card

Here is a pretty "Congratulations" card I designed for my card workshop this past weekend.  I really love this paper.  It's called "Blossom" and it's available in the current Seasonal Expressions catalog, for a limited time.


Aren't those blues and oranges pretty together?  Blue and orange are complimentary colors on the color wheel, so it makes sense that they are pleasing to the eye.  


And I just had to have the stamp set as soon as I saw it.  It's called "Shower Flowers". I stamped the flowers and leaves on separate piece of White Daisy cardstock, cut them out with my handy dandy micro-tip scissors and popped them up on the card base.  I also added the new Oceanside and Coral Reef sequins to the flower centers and added a sparkle on each one for extra bling.  And how about that Teal Glitter Paper?  It's hard to capture just how glittery it is on camera.  It's just lovely in person.

Here's a closer look a the "Shower Flowers" stamp set.  It would be fun to make your own custom shower invitations, for yourself or a friend or family member.  


Thank you for taking the time to stop by.  I will list the supplies used below.  And as I've mentioned before, I'm also listing some of my cards for sale in both my Etsy shop and my Ebay shop.  You can find the links on the sidebar of this blog.  For the next few months the sales will go towards the cost of a school trip to Italy my 15 year old son will be taking next Spring.  Every little bit helps, right? 

SUPPLIES USED:

No comments: