Wednesday, May 27, 2015

I mustache you...

I'm going back in time with this card.  I have many from the past that I have never posted, so I figured why not start sharing those as well?  A couple of years ago, back when the mustache trend was big (I'm still digging the mustache trend by the way) I came up with this fun masculine (or not) birthday card for one of my monthly card classes.


The paper I used on this card is Close to My Heart's "Later Sk8r" (now retired, bummer).  However, that fabulous Mustache is still available.  It's from the "Perfect Fit - Dad" stamp set.  It's one of those great stamps that coordinates with one of CTMH's Cricut Cartridges ("Artiste" to be exact), so it will be available for a long time.  Yay!  The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is still available as well.  That set is called "Joyful Birthday".  It has four different birthday fonts to choose from and is a must have stamp set.


I don't make very many masculine cards, but this paper pack lent itself easily to it.  The colors of Outdoor Denim, Pear, Lagoon and Slate are a great color combo.  I actually used my computer to print out the "I... you to have a" text and added the mustache stamped with Outdoor Denim ink and Happy Birthday sentiment stamped with Pear ink.  I added a piece of polka-doted washi tape and tied on some baker's twine and voila, easy peasy.

Actually, I think I'm going to pull out my supplies and make a few more of these for my Ebay & Etsy shops.  They'd be a great card for an adult or teen, don't you think?

Here are the two stamp sets I used; "Perfect Fit - Dad"



As I mentioned, some of the supplies I used to make this card are no longer available, but several still are.  I will list the supplies at the bottom of this post, including links to those items that are still available on my CTMH website.

As always, thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you again.

SUPPLIES:
Paper: Later Sk8r (retired), White Daisy, Outdoor Denim & Lagoon CS
Embellishments: Slate Polka-Dot Washi Tape (retired), Baker's Twine (non-ctmh)

No comments: