Thursday, May 14, 2015

Just so you know...

I think you're Perfect.  Isn't that nice?  Who wouldn't want to receive a card with that sentiment?

This is another card I made for a Close to My Heart "Pathfinding" paper pack card swap and then I incorporated it into my monthly card class.  Why reinvent the wheel, am I right?


I love this stamp set called "Better with a Friend".  It's a Hostess set available thru July when you host a Close to My Heart gathering.  It's a stamp set made for coloring with markers or pencils, but I think it's perfect for paper piecing (my favorite).  I did a combo of the two.  I used CTMH's Shin Han markers for her skin, purse, shopping bags, bracelets and flower on her hat.  Then I paper pieced her dress and hat with another of the coordinating papers in the Pathfinding paper pack.


I wanted to keep this card pretty flat for mailing, so I added a strip of Gold Shimmer Trim across the bottom of the card for a little pizazz.  I also doubled up a piece of the same Gold Shimmer Trim and used a 1/8" hole punch to create a small shimmery circle for the center of the flower on her hat.  Perfecto!  I will be posting a few more Pathfinding cards soon.  I hope you will visit again.  Ciao!

** Note: I'm also listing some of my cards for sale in both my Etsy shop and my Ebay shop.  You can find the links on the sidebar of this blog.  For the next few months the sales will go towards the cost of a school trip to Italy my 15 year old son will be taking next Spring.  Every little bit helps, right?  ;) **

SUPPLIES USED:
Stamps: Better with a Friend (Hostess Set)
Shin Han Markers: Barely Beige, Marigold, Sap Green
Embellishments: Gold Shimmer Trim
Other: Memento Rich Cocoa stamp pad (non CTMH)

No comments: