Monday, June 1, 2015

Through stormy seas...

Here's an oldie but goodie.  I made this card when the CTMH "Tommy" paper was available.  It's a great nautical paper.  When I saw saw the stamp set that came with the "Tommy Workshop on the Go", I knew I had to have it.  I loved the sentiment and thought it would be a wonderful masculine card (maybe Anniversary card?) for my monthly card workshop.


I stamped the large sentiment and the two nautical map images in Outdoor Denim ink, then stamped the bottom of the large sentiment again in Cranberry ink on a scrap of cardstock.  I cut out the word "Together" from the cranberry stamping and adhered it to the main image to highlight that word.  I also stamped the anchor on a piece of scrap cardstock and cut it out to hang it from the Cranberry baker's twine.  Isn't it cute?



I like to add a stamp to the inside of a card if there's one that coordinates, so it's extra special for the recipient.  This set had a cute sailboat and a wave design, so I used those inside.  You can see it in the side view of the card above.

Here's a look at the "Tommy" Workshop on the Go (now retired).

I hope you enjoyed my throwback card today.  If you have any questions, please let me know by using the "Contact Me" area on my side bar.  

** Note: And as I've mentioned in my previous posts, I'm also listing some of my cards for sale in both my Etsy shop and my Ebay shop.  You can find the links on the sidebar of this blog.  For the next few months the sales will go towards the cost of a school trip to Italy my 15 year old son will be taking next Spring.  Every little bit helps, right? **

SUPPLIES:
Paper: Tommy (retired), Honey, Outdoor Denim & White Daisy CS
Stamps: Tommy WOTG Stamp set (retired)
Embellishments: Cranberry Baker's Twine (retired)

3 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Kandi, I love this card! I had to have this stamp set, and wouldn't you know, it has never seen ink!! Amazing. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Julie said...

Just stumbled onto your site and OH! I do love this card. Would love to get my hands on that retired stamp set. Nice work. I'll be pinning some of your ideas!

Kandi said...

Thank you Sharli & Julie. I'm not sure if you'll see my reply, but I do appreciate your comments. :)

And Julie, I do try to pin almost all of my artwork on pinterest as well. If you search "teojax" you should see my artwork board. :)